What you will see?
John I was an important character in the history of the city of Guimarães.
Stage of military events and glorious celebrations, the city preserves, through its heritage and museums, those relevant events in Portugal’s history.
Start this tour by discovering the sixteenth century pattern built on the Rua D. João I. Then enjoy the journey throughout the city of Guimarães and visit the places that are mandatory references to explain the tale of The Golden Chain of John I.
This tale comes to an end at Vila Nova, in front of the Church of Oliveira, rebuilt by this King and that still preserves his memory.
In this route come to know GUIMARÃES – UNESCO World Heritage!
- Walk the path made by several Portuguese kings
- Know the historic city inside and outside the defensive walls from its old suburbs to its center
- Remember the promises of John I made to Our Lady of Oliveira
- Monument and Chapel of St. Lazarus, Rua D. João I, Church and Third Order of St. Dominic, Toural, Tower of the customhouse (where it says “In here Portugal was born”), Wayside cross and Chapel of Our Lady of Guia, Church Of Oliveira
- Storyteller and guide
- Traditional snacks (until your voucher value)
- Personal accident insurance
- Live tour guide
What’s not included?
- Museum entrance fee
- Hotel pick up and drop off (optional subject to additional fee)
- Extra foods and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Bookings and Inquiries for Tourism Professionals
- Phone: (+351) 253 136 661
- Email: email@example.com