What you will see?
Guimarães, a millennial town, has a rich and varied History. Popularly named as the “City with a cathedral without a bishop, with a Palace without a king, and with a bridge without a river”, it is a place with multiple faces.
In the zeal of each of its people, you will find an historian and genealogist. Be it legend or true, they could tell you its stories, from a king that beat his mother, the birthplace of a King and Pope, a knee yanked from a Saint, a deadly archway.
Is there a way to understand Guimarães? There is, but it is almost impossible to tell you, by words, a way to understand Guimarães. From its historical city center, passing by the industrial areas, passing to the football club Vitória Sport Club and ending in its people, streets and alleys, you must feel, smell and taste its peculiar way of life.
- Start in the squares were Goodness Fame almost demolished the petulance of its bourgeois inhabitants
- Appreciate the joyful river and its leather tanning tanks
- Amaze with a profane peculiar gargoyle in one of the holiest places in Guimarães
- See the cozy shop where D. Aninhas, the godmother of the students, welcomed and counseled the students and left sweet memories
- Tour the secular stories of the Castle and Ducal Palace
- Storyteller and guide
- Traditional snacks (until your voucher value)
- Personal accident insurance
- Live tour guide
What’s not included?
- Museum entrance fee
- Hotel pick up and drop off (optional subject to additional fee)
- Extra foods and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Bookings and Inquiries for Tourism Professionals
- Phone: (+351) 253 136 661
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org